Income tax refund status

Check your Income tax refund status by just entering your PAN and Financial Year.

Frequently asked Questions.

Please follow the given below steps to Check your Refund Status through myITreturn portal:
  1. Please visit Refund Status Page and login/signup or If you are already logged in, from the home page, select the 'Check Refund Status' service.
  2. Click on a member or add a member to continue.
  3. Select Assessment Year and Click on "Check Refund Status"
You shall see the status of your refund on the screen.
If you have received an intimation from Income-tax Department or Refund Banker(SBI) that the refund processing has failed due to incorrect bank details, you need to follow below steps. You will have to submit a refund re-issue request in your Income-tax Department's website login and update your Correct or New bank Account Number.
Steps for Raising a Refund re-issue request:
  1. Login or Register on Income-tax website - click here
  2. From the Top Menu, select My Account >>Service Request.

  3. Select "New Request" as 'Request type' and select "Refund Reissue" under 'Request Category' dropdown.

  4. Select Assessment Year >> Enter CPC Communication Reference Number and Refund Sequence Number.

    Please refer to the below given pictorial representation indicating the CPC reference number and refund sequence number.

  5. Select mode of Refund reissue and update your correct / new bank account number.

Note: Please check intimation u/s 143(1) to find above information. If you do not have intimation u/s 143(1), then submit a request for the same from the menu 'My Account >> Service request >> Request for intimation u/s 143(1)'

After few days of request submission you will get the refund in your account.
If you have e-filed your return and you have not received your tax refund within a reasonable time, you should check if ITR-V of return is verified or not. (you may check it on our mobile app for free). Return will not be processed till ITR-V is verified.
In case ITR-V is already verified, but still there is delay, you can follow up with the Centralized Processing Centre (CPC) of the Income-tax Department on 1800 4250 0025 or 080-2650 0025.
If your return pertains to previous years, where you had filed your return manually then you can write a letter to the Jurisdictional Assessing Officer. Also, attach your Income tax return copies with such letter.
So long as your processed e-return for relevant Assessment Year is still with CPC, the online rectification application may be made on website. However, in case, your processed e-return has been transferred to your Assessing Officer, then, you need to approach AO with rectification application on paper. For knowing the location of processed e-return (whether with CPC or the AO), the taxpayer is advised to login to the website using his/her userid and password and go to 'Services – CPC Processing Status'. The process status of return can be checked for a given assessment year.